BRIEF HISTORY OF P.E.C.L
In response to the Federal Government’s privatization drive as a key component of its Electric Power Sector Reforms, Pacific Energy Company Limited was incorporated on the 18th of June 2001. The company was created as a means of participating in the Electric Power Sector with an initial focus on designing, testing, operating, and maintaining power generation and distribution equipment.
With its strong technical partnerships with two prominent power generation and electrical companies in China, Pacific Energy was able to gain a foothold in the power sector – a critical launching pad for its ambition of owning and operating power plants in the country. In October 2006, Pacific Energy Company realized this vision when it successfully bided for and won the rights to operate the Olorunsogo Power Company located in Ogun State. This was followed in December 2006 by the successful acquisition of Omotosho I, Power Company located in Ondo State.
With two fully operational power plants in its custody, Pacific Energy Company is currently expanding the generation capacity of these facilities whilst actively taking steps to fulfil its ultimate vision of building the biggest and most ultramodern power generation plant in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- To achieve excellence in project execution, quality, reliability, safety, and operational efficiency.
- To consistently enhance our competitiveness and deliver profitable growth.
- To improve the lives of local community in all our projects.
- To be a partner in nation building and contribute towards Nigeria’s economic growth.
- To uphold the guiding principles of trust, integrity, and transparency in all aspects of interactions and dealings
- Effective Safety Measures & Adopting Organization Best Practices.
- Effective Operation & Maintenance Management.
- Availability of Spare-Parts.
- Effective Human Resources Management
- To practice highest standards of corporate governance and be a financially sound company.
- To establish an outstanding power station workforce in the country in terms of Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Training and Administration and with this team, maintain a minimum of 90% of the available power station capacity to national grid.
- To illuminate the world of our customers and employees by giving priority to quality and efficiency; and to be among the leading national organizations in the power generation and electricity industry.
PECL’S CORE VALUES
- Safety: Safety First
- Performance: No compromise on Best Standards and Practices
- Integrity: Zero tolerance to dishonesty
- Professionalism: Zero tolerance to mediocrity
- Sustainable Power Generation and Environmental Responsibility
PECL BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- DR ADEDEJI T. ADELEKE (GROUP CHAIRMAN)
- MR. NICHOLAS ADELEKE
- MRS. ASHLEY ADELEKE- ADAJI
- MRS. SHARON ADELEKE-ADEMEFUN
- MR. ADEWALE ADELEKE
- MR DAVID ADELEKE